Friday, April 9, 2010

Catching up with The Classixx- WMC 2k10


I can remember the first time I had ever really heard "The Classixx" I was looking through one of The Cobrasnake's photo galleries and happened to come across a music video that he had produced for them on a song called "I'll get you." The catchy hook and melody played in my head for weeks, and I was determined to find the song in 320kbps to drop in my dj sets. At that time, it was way too new so I could only find it in 128kbps on Gotta Dance Dirty.
Since I first heard them that day, I have continued to follow "The Classixx" ever expanding musical career. At this time if you aren't, I suggest you do the same. Originally hailing from L.A., they are now touring the country dj'ing, producing their own original tracks & remixes, and also working with the french electronic label Kitsune' Music. In December 2009, Kitsune released a whole remix album for the track "I'll get you", featuring artists from the likes of Treasure Fingers, Les Gillettes, and Gigamesh from the group "Discotech."
Find it on Itunes here.

Just recently at WMC 2k10, Murkem & I got to hear them live and meet them for the first time.  Their set's contained a funky mix of rare grooves and mid-tempo dance tracks that set the perfect tone for BBQing, drinking beer, and connecting with other WMC artists. They took the time to give our pal Anthony Nicholas some advice on dating and how to handle bullies and groupies. Check out some pictures and Anthony Nicholas interview here.



Classixx's advice on Bullies from Murkem on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment